Thursday, July 4, 2013

Working with the Nazarenes

I've been a member of the Church of the Nazarene for over 30 years.  It was through the teaching there and my experience with other members that the Lord brought me to serve Him full-time.  Each time I'm home to the States, I look forward to attending the Nazarene Church where I grew up.

And so it has been very exciting to be able to partner EMI, where I am serving now, and with the Church of the Nazarene for a project on the other side of San José, Costa Rica.

At the end of May, I was joined by Richard, an architect from Nebraska, and Debbie, an intern from Colorado to spend a week getting to know the staff and members of la Iglesia del Nazareno en Los Ángeles de Guadalupe.  We spent the time capturing the vision the Lord has given them and understanding the project site.

It was with great pleasure that we presented them with conceptual drawings of how their church might look so that they can raise funds to pay off the property.  It is with great hope that we pray the Lord's work is fulfilled through the ministry of this church!

Here are some plans and images of what the facility could look like:



No comments: